Monday, July 23, 2012

The Moose is Loose!

Murph and I spent a good portion of the day in the Uintas, enjoying the cooler breezes and fragrant smell of the pines and sagebrush. We walk a lot, and this time crossed the stream and followed old logging roads.  Lots of animal sign but nothing showed itself.
But, on the way home, this young bull moose moved at the wrong time and I saw him!  What I didn't realize is that he was sitting down, cause he is so big that he looked like he was standing.  Then I moved about 5 steps off the road and down the hill towards him and he got up quickly. So quickly and he moved forward several feet in a rush and I wondered if I should be heading for the truck door. But he stopped, ate a bit, watched me for awhile, and then took off back into the forest! Jeez, what a huge and beautiful beast!

Sitting down.

Getting up.


Bye-bye

3 comments:

fitcchick1 said...

Wow - he's gorgeous!

Michael said...

Beautiful shots, Gerry! What a moose this dude is.

Gail said...

Lucky! Not to often one gets to see and photograph one of these beasts. Nice shots.