Sunday, May 29, 2011

A few shares from yesterday

Sometimes I cannot believe how many photos I take! I try walking around without my camera but then something is there and I have to take a photo!
For example, this portrait shot - Diana and I entered a small deli and I saw this gentleman sitting there.  After several attempts to shake off the "Take a photo" voice, I succumbed and walked back to the truck and got my camera.  I'm glad I did.



We took advantage of a bit of decent weather and went out to Antelope Island yesterday morning.  Antelope, buffalo, meadowlarks, horned larks, dusky flycatcher, long-billed curlew, chukar partridge - were among the nature that we saw .  Of course, the wide open spaces with the wind blowing through were very calming and refreshing.  I decided to look at these spaces with a slightly different view and see what I liked.

In this photo, the clouds were of primary attraction to me, with the ground being a supporting feature.  I de-saturated the blue from the sky and darkened the entire photo.  A bit of (over) sharpening brings out a detail that I like. However I am concerned that the color and shapes on the bottom conflict with the sky for the viewer's eye.  So below is another view.




Before

After - What can one do with a beautiful view that looks the same as many other beautiful views?  Play around with it is one option.

No comments: