Sunday, June 13, 2010

I never imagined!

Lately I have been thinking about my 50mm f1.8 lens - initially to use inside to take pics of Blue (Frank's new name - we'll see how it goes).  I saw a new iris in bloom and thought it would make a nice picture using the 1.8 and narrow depth of field.  Little did I know what would happen - and here are some results!  One thing led to another and pretty soon all the beauty was being pursued. 
Since I do not trust the LCD on the camera back to make delete judgements, I did not see the effects until I downloaded these onto my iMac. (Despite the cost, looking at beauty on a 27" screen is out of this world!)




















This is the iris that started it all.  Last year they did not bloom - but this year they are back in incredible splendor and glory!



Then on to the roses, to see how the color would act and I really do like it.




For me, this is the kind of shot that I love - light and dark, form, a bit of color and a sparse scene.

The clematis below is almost like a sailing ship - floating in an ocean of color resting on it's petals!

And then, just for grins and giggles, the European honeysuckle appears as some things out of the blur!

1 comment:

Snap-Smith Photography said...

I can't praise your work here highly enough, Gerry. Stunning is too mild a word. And the honeysuckle at the end I think is my favorite, if I have one at all! The background has so much interest.....like an extension of the subject. Definite WOW factor!