Sunday, April 18, 2010

Experimenting

Murph and I went up to the refuge today, the first time in about a month.  Got some neat photo's of the refuge inhabitants - click on the link on the left of the page to see them (Postings from the Refuge).
A couple of the pictures I chose to play with, as they had lines or forms that I liked.  The black and white is a group of cormorants and I really liked both the line that they and the land formed as well as the head positions of the birds.  Since color really didn't add anything to it, I converted it to B&W and then worked with various attributes both in Lightroom and ACR to bring it to where I wanted it.  There were some lines of light coming down so I accented them a bit.  Kinda looks "old-timey" in a way.
'


The other one is a picture of clouds above the mountains.  It has wispiness, light and shadows, and a playfulness about it that I really liked.  A lot of different colors would probably work with the forms, I just happened to like these.

1 comment:

Snap-Smith Photography said...

I really like the clouds, Gerry!! The coloring you choose makes for a very dramatic image!