Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lunch

Murph and I came back from visiting a friend and walked into the backyard to see this guy!  I had sent my earlier picture to my contacts at Hawkwatch and asked which one it was - Coopers or Sharpie.  Without seeing the tail, they couldn't tell.
So here's one with the tail, and we'll see what they say!  I understand that the Coopers tail is the same length as the body or longer and the Sharpie's is smaller.  Based on that I think I would vote for this being a Sharpie. Update 12-14 - Identified as a Juvenile Sharpshin!


1 comment:

Snap-Smith Photography said...

I'd vote he's a GLUTTON and should go eat in someone else's backyard! Your poor little seed-eating birds. I know times are tough all over but a little holiday charity is called for here.

Good shot, as always, Gerry.