Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Refuge Wednesday

I thought I'd check the refuge today to see how the birds were doing in all the water.  The answer was "Fine"!
DNR folks had crushed quite a swatch of reeds and cattails along the road, and the space was not filled with adult and juvenile Black-crowned Night Herons along with the occasional GBH. Snowy egrets are out in force along with one or two Great Egrets. Cinnamon Teal and Pintails posed nicely. A juvenile Red-tailed Hawk circled around with lots of Tree Sparrows (with the shiny blue-green backs) everywhere grabbing food. Some I got photos of and some will need to wait till another time.
Enjoy!

Clark's Grebes


GBH


Cinnamon Teal


Adult Black-crowned Night Heron


Pintail


Great Egret with juvenile night heron


Sandhill Crane


Sing to me - Yellow-headed Blackbird


Long-billed Dowitchers, I believe..


Patience personified..


No comments: