Friday, August 25, 2017

The refuge - a day to remember....

There is construction on the refuge roads so I parked and walked a route that I have not taken for quite a while. Boy, what a fantastic experience. Black-crowned Night Herons in a flock of 6! Great Blues and Great Whites in the treetops! The terns were buzzing me regularly! And the Pelicans - OMG what beauty!
All that along with some wonderful marsh landscapes - perfect day to just  "take a hike"!

I saw this mural on the way out of town and couldn't resist!


The 'greeters' when I entered the refuge!


Sandhill Cranes flew noisily by!


The wetlands..


Terns were very active fishing and squawking!


Great White Herons - beautiful birds!


Black-crowned Night Herons greeted me as I started down the dikes..






Great Blues were out in force.


 Grasses are turning color..



Ducks everywhere


GBH with wide open mouth!


I love the green ...


Then the pelicans - they soared around and around over me..




GWH in the treetops - quite a balancing act.



A different tern - look at beak..


No comments: